Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday, September 22nd..

One year ago today, Erik & I became husband & wife.. It was more special than I had ever imagined it would be.. Walking down that aisle, saying our vows, taking an oath before our family, friends, and God. I have so much to be thankful for in my life, and this day, my 1st wedding anniversary not only reminds me to appreciate my husband and our marriage, but our life together, and the family that we have created. Happy 1st Anniversary, I love you, honey!

We had a very *special* evening.. Kaylor took liberty in making us dinner!.. She made steaks on the grill, baked potatoes, and even had a candlelit dinner!.. Okay, so I did most of the set up, but she definitely helped and stepped right into character.. She greeted Erik at the door (even w/ a dish towel over her forearm) and escorted him to his table. She then proceeded to pull out our chairs, and announce that dinner was served.. I'm telling, the service we got was phenomenal! Drinks continuously refilled, polite service w/ a smile, and to top it off, she even brought us the bill, which proudly said that we owed $0! She covered everything for us.. Such a silly girl.. but she had a blast.. By far the best food & service we've had in a long time, if I do say so myself.. She even made us a beautiful card.. Nothing better than that =)

We also in celebration, thawed the top layer of our cake.. Surprisingly, it was still very good!!.. Erik was definitely apprehensive about trying it.. I told him he HAD to.. it's tradition! hehe.. My mom had even stopped by to drop off a card for us.. She agreed the cake still tasted like cake!..

The last picture is me w/ my new plant from my hubby! It's a tropical Hawaiin plant, that is inside of a piece of volcanic rock.. I love it!

We also had another special gift today.. Head over to the PG Blog to see!..

Photos, courtesy of Kaylor a.k.a. head waitress (and a little help from mamaw too):



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Anonymous said...

AWWW! THAT IS SO ADORABLE, WHAT KAYLOR DID!! She is such a sweet girl! I'm glad you guys had a wonderful night!! Congrats, again! :)