I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday! We really enjoyed the day, and are so thankful in so many ways.
Last year I made a scavenger hunt w/ clues taking Kaylor from place to place in the house in search of her Easter basket.. She loved it then, and definitely remembered, because she's been asking if we could do it again this year. Who am I to rain on her parade? lol Here are the clues and riddles I made for this year's search.. (in parenthesis is the location the clue can be found, but that part is not ON the clue, obviously)
You scraped your knee you said "boo-hoo", where the band-aids are you'll find clue #2 (bathroom cabinet)
To check the mail you might need to go see, Hiding here is clue #3 (mailbox)
I’m big and silver on the outside, but behind the door, open me up for clue #4 (fridge)
You wash in here and hopefully get clean, clue #5 should be seen! (bathtub)
Do you fold your clothes after they dry? Go get clue #6, don’t blink an eye! (dryer)
This is where you sit and pray to heaven, look under and you’ll find clue #7. (chair at dinner table)
I heat it up and you watch and wait, look inside for clue #8. (oven)
Oh, oh, you LOOK so fine, look at yourself here for clue #9! (mirror in K's room)
Would you find a pencil, eraser or maybe a pen? Look here for clue #10! (drawer in kitchen)
What fun we’ve had, and oh so neat, hang up your coat and you’ll find your Easter treat! (front entry way closet)
To check the mail you might need to go see, Hiding here is clue #3 (mailbox)
I’m big and silver on the outside, but behind the door, open me up for clue #4 (fridge)
You wash in here and hopefully get clean, clue #5 should be seen! (bathtub)
Do you fold your clothes after they dry? Go get clue #6, don’t blink an eye! (dryer)
This is where you sit and pray to heaven, look under and you’ll find clue #7. (chair at dinner table)
I heat it up and you watch and wait, look inside for clue #8. (oven)
Oh, oh, you LOOK so fine, look at yourself here for clue #9! (mirror in K's room)
Would you find a pencil, eraser or maybe a pen? Look here for clue #10! (drawer in kitchen)
What fun we’ve had, and oh so neat, hang up your coat and you’ll find your Easter treat! (front entry way closet)
She did awesome at the clues this year, and giggled the entire way through..
I love this;
Remember my hopes for a picture in front of our home's door?... Well, this will work for now! lol
Erik w/ Ashlyn, my dad (Papaw), Kaylor, and my step-mom, Deb;
Kaylor w/ my grandparents/her great-grandparents (my dad's mom & dad);
Our sermon this morning was a great one. It wasn't about Christ's Resurrection specifically, but very relevant none the less. From Matthew 9:18, we learned of a woman who had been suffering and bleeding for 12 years. Through Him, she was healed, and the word quickly spread. During the closing of the sermon, members of our church one by one came to the front of the stage w/ a cardboard sign showing on one side who they were, and on the other, who they are now. For example, we had people addicted to drugs, now sober & following Christ; a woman on one side who had had several types of cancer, and the other side, is now healed, and faithful in His miracles; a man running from himself, and now running to the Lord on a daily basis. I did some thinking and tried figuring out what my "cardboard sign" would say, and I believe it would say something along the lines of "Lost & Lonely" on one side, and "Found & Surrounded by His love, blessings, & glory" on the other. What would your cardboard sign say?... Are you still writing on the other side?










No comments:
Post a Comment