Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday, June 30th...

Can you believe that tomorrow is July 1st?  I heard some popping sounds outside this evening and couldn't figure if someone was shooting target practice.. Then I realized how close we are to the 4th of July and the noises then made sense..lol

I have to share a recipe that I made for dinner tonight.. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but wow, the flavor was wonderful!  I will definitely keep this in our meal rotation to have again.  I always buy whole grain pasta only, and also low fat mozzarella cheese, so all in all it's a fairly healthy meal.. YUM!  Try it and let me know what YOU think! =)

(pic taken from my iPhone)
Fresh Broccoli & Chicken Pasta Toss
 
2-1/2 cups whole wheat penne pasta, uncooked
3 cups  fresh broccoli florets
1/4 cup Kraft Calorie-Wise Zesty Italian Dressing
1/2 lb.  (225 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups  tomato-basil pasta sauce
1 cup Skim Mozzarella Shredded Cheese 

COOK pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding broccoli to the boiling water the last 3 min.
MEANWHILE, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 5 min. or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta sauce; cook 5 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
DRAIN pasta mixture; return to pan. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Top with cheese.

No comments: