Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday, April 28th...

Where oh where does the weekend go so quickly?! Plenty to do, so little time.. Friday night I delivered some pictures and got to sneak a peak at one of the twins I recently had a session w/.. As well as cutie-pie older brother too.. Then met up w/ my hubby & daughter & friends for icecream.. If you haven't tried the Cheesecake Fantasy.. Ohhhhh you must! Not too rich.. fresh fruit.. (yes, that's how I justify this tasty treat as somewhat nutritious. haha) Saturday morning I was supposed to meet w/a single mom from Home Sweet Home Ministries to do pictures of her children.. The weather didn't hold up for us, so hopefully this coming weekend will be nicer.. If you've never checked out this organization, I will highly recommend it.. They are non-profit organization that is built on a foundation of our Lord and Savior. They strive in helping people gain the knowledge, skills, and faith that they need to reconstruct their lives. I met with the volunteer project coordinator a couple of weeks ago, and instantly formed a bond.. This place is one that is quickly becoming close to my heart..

Saturday afternoon, we headed up North for the annual Softball Stagg... Erik enjoyed his Texas Hold Em' tournament, and I enjoyed catching up w/ friends we don't get to see too often.. It was a fun time, and we appreciate the hospitality, as always! Sunday we got back into town a bit later than we had planned. So it turned into a very laid back day.. One of those, that ya don't get much accomplished, but it's soooo nice to just lay around and snuggle.. I believe at one point all three of us were napping on the coach, criss-crossed over one another.. Good, hearty family time =) Thanks Grandma Fofo for the crochet book & yarn! I cannot wait to try making the cute hat.. Heck, I might even still get to use it before our next "winter"! lol..

This weather.. completely insane, right? Here we are, almost into May, and I'm wearing a wool hooded winter coat into work?! Yikes! I think today we had rain, sleet, snow... I had to double check my calendar quite a few times.. I was lucky to have snapped these of my pretty bush off my front porch.. These sweet little flowers bloom quickly & last only a week or so, before fluttering to the ground.. These were taken on much warmer conditions last weekend.. lol



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the collages that you use when you show multiple pictures. This weather is the worst! Seriously... Spring has Sprung and Spring has Plunged! :(

Kim said...

I hear ya gal, the weather lately is crazy! We even had a heavy frost down here in NC! My poor hubby was making makeshift tents outside to cover our plants. Not sure about the plants, but the cats liked them. Your pictures are amazing as usual. Love ya pal!