Saturday, April 05, 2008

Saturday, April 5th...

Ah... Saturday mornings.. Gotta love em! I realized something this morning.. Earlier this week Miranda and I were up in Chicago for a seminar, Captivated by the Light w/ Ed Pierce.. There were video clips about different photographers and one that really caught my attention was Parker Pfister.. Now the segment was about getting out, and just shooting.. Nothing necessarily in particular, but whatever catches your eye.. So, this morning at 5:45am, that's exactly what I did. I got up before dawn, and headed out. I wasn't really even quite sure where I was heading, I just let the road take me.. I enjoyed myself even more than I could have imagined.. Wathing the sunrise, and taking in everything in such a general, fresh type state. It's amazing what we see when we slow down to absorb what's really going on around us..

I found this lonely, old tree in the midst of a field..


And as the sun was rising.. a view from a fence..






I'm sure at one time, this was a dependable ride...

More to come from my morning of solitude..

2 comments:

Kellybelly said...

Bridge,
You are extremely talented...you do know this right? Those shots are gorgeous! Really!

Kim said...

Idgy - I almost feel like I was there right along with you, enjoying your morning of solitude. What gorgeous photos! Can't wait to see more! You are so darn talented my friend!