Speaking of homework, tomorrow is Kaylor's first day of 2nd grade! I have not yet met her teacher this year, Mrs. Lenz. We are excited & looking forward to a new school year though! She received a nice letter from her teacher welcoming her, however, she assigned the parentshomework to do! Kaylor of course thought that was funny.. A bit bitter sweet that my "baby" is starting 2nd grade.. I remember a lot from those years.. teachers, friends, etc. Getting in trouble for eating fruit snacks that were stashed in my desk.. hehe.. It's always fun though w/ new school clothes, brand new school supplies, new backpack..
Totally random.. These Bagel Chips from Sam's Club are fantastic! Add those w/ a little bit of artichoke & garlic spread and yowza! Definitely not lacking munchy satisfaction! (Hmm... does this part of the blog sound anything like something a preggo girl would write? hehe)..
I got a new softbox for the studio.. I bribed Kaylor a couple of nights ago to let me try it out w/ her.. I like how these turned out. I think they capture her fun & silly personality.. (don't you love the self given tatoos?.. oye)



Another recipe: It's basically a "hamburger helper" type one pot meal, however can be made much healthier than boxed meals & less sodium!
Beef Taco Skillet
1lb browned ground beef (I use 90/10 lean beef)
1 can tomato soup
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
6 flour tortillas, cut into 1" pieces (I use whole wheat tortillas)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Brown ground beef. Add soup, salsa, water, and tortilla pieces. Heat to a boil, then reduce heat & simmer 5-10 mins. Stir and top w/ cheese. After sprinkling w/ shredded cheese, I put a lid over for 1 min. to melt the cheese down w/ the heat locked in.
1 comment:
I love school shopping! I miss it... I do buy for kids through "Bear Necessities" but I don't get to bring them along and help them pick out stuff. Not the same... but still fun. :)
Post a Comment