So Kaylor’s appointment yesterday was interesting.. The good news is that she’s healthy & growing! She’s in the 49 percentile for weight & 61 percential for height.. We didn’t really get any answers about the possible food allergy though.. The dr. doesn’t think it’s an issue w/ colored marshmallows (or dye), however seems odd that that is the ONLY thing she’s ever gotten the hives from.. Her exact words were, “I think we’re stuck”.. So, for now, we let it go and see what the future holds.. She also inquired whether I’d like to get Kaylor a flu shot.. Of course, I was shot a look by K, of “are you serious mom? I’m not getting a shot!”.. The dr. explained that it would be best since the baby will not be able to vaccinated for the flu until she’s 6 months old and w/ Kaylor being in grade school, there are a lot of germs being brought into our home.. So needless to say, I agreed and Kaylor was not a happy camper.. I know they are needed, but watching your kids get shots of any sort, never gets any easier! =( Even after 7 years of them! Poor thing cried, that’s for sure.. She later got blue ice-cream while we were at Meijers!
Speaking of Meijers.. While we were getting produce, I noticed an apple corer, peeler, slicer, etc. It wasn’t too expensive and I’ve been wanting to bake some things w/ fresh apples so I thought, why not! It even happened to be on sale, double yay! I looked around online last night and found an apple crisp recipe that had a lot of great reviews, so I gave it a whirl… During the 45 min. bake time our house smelled absolutely WONDERFUL! Once out of the oven, we had to sample some over vanilla ice-cream.. Yum! I’m pretty sure it turned out the way it was supposed to.. Quite yummy, if I do say so!
No comments:
Post a Comment