Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday, May 19th...

Vocabulary!  Ashlyn's that is...  Watching a child's abilities and knowledge is such an incredible experience..  We are so  amazed at how many words Ashlyn is speaking lately.  At 15 months, she's talking up a storm, and surprisingly is understandable too!  Now granted, there is still a lot of babbling and we just smile and nod.. lol  Words that she commonly says; 
more, hello, hi, mama, dad, sissy, Kaylor, Angus, ball, bubbles, turtle, up, down, dog, animal sounds, "abc", cookie, drink, mamaw, papaw, Brodie, Mindy, Pierson, Annie, pee, poop, baby, pretty, dirty, num-num, oh wow, oh my, yes, no-no..

She's also still steadily using signs too, and constantly adding to them.  Such a smart girl, she is.. We've also been having her sit on the potty before bathtime and she's gone several times now!  We clap & cheer and sing our homemade "potty song" for her, and she just beams w/ a huge smile.. I'm definitely not expecting her to be potty trained anytime soon, but this is a heck of a start! :)


Here is a project that I did a couple of weeks ago, for Kaylor's room.  An end table, found on Craigslist for just $10.  






A quick rough up w/ a sandpaper block.. 


A couple of coats of white paint, and viola! 



And here's it's new home in Kaylor's room...






1 comment:

Kellybelly said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! You did a great job. Neil and Ryan are going to pick up a hutch that I bought on craigslist and I plan on painting it too. Any pointers? LOL!