So last night Kaylor & I go for a bike ride.. Nothing too unusual about that.. We were almost back to our street, I was along side her on the side of the road, she was on the sidewalk.. I'm watching her, and all of a sudden her bike locks up, she flies over the handle bars, and the entire back follows along, ending w/ the rear wheel slamming her in the back of the head, slamming her head for a second time onto the sidewalk.. Scared the heck outta me! I dropped my bike and ran to get her up... I was certain there was going to be a face a blood, broken nose, missing teeth.. it was one heck of a wipe-out.. Surprisingly though, I grabbed her and of course she was crying and grabbing her knee, but no blood! No missing teeth! One look at her helmet though, clearly confirmed what took the force of the impact.. Thank God for that helmet.. We walked our bikes home and nurse mommy got out the ice packs and got her propped up.. A bump started to appear on her forehead from the helmet, but we kept an eye on it, and it went down w/ the ice.. My poor girl.. I don't think she'll be eager to immediately hop back on her bike, but I think she fully understood the importance that her helmet served.. It would have been, without a doubt a TON worse!
Quickly posting, as Terri & I are off to see Keith Urban & Carrie Underwood tonight! Happy birthday to me! lol.. I've seen both before, and am completely giddy about this concert!... Whooooohooooo!
2 comments:
Thank goodness Kaylor is okay! Though I'm sure Mommy aged a few years seeing her endo through the air. Yikes! Give the kiddo a hug and smooch from her Auntie Kim!!!
Have fun at the concert!
OUCH! Thank goodness she had her helmet on. Bridget... did YOU have YOUR helmet on??? :)
Post a Comment